Sotheby’s, Pudgy Penguins, Porsche, Ton Foundation, FTX, Kraken, Fleek, Polychain Capital, Telegram, Pavel Durov, Ledger.
1. 10 rare tokens from the Pudgy Penguins NFT collection were sold at Sotheby’s auction for about $129 thousand, the price of one token ranged from $5040 to $30240. The average price of an NFT thus amounted to $12.9 thousand, while the minimum price of a “penguin” from this series is $1.3 thousand.
2. Porsche unveiled plans to release a 7,500-piece NFT collection based on the classic Porsche 911 in January 2023, with Hamburg designer and 3D artist Patrick Vogel set to create each piece in the collection.
3. Ton Foundation and partners will allocate $126 million to help crypto projects. Blockchain developers intend to encourage companies affected by the collapse of FTX to move to the TON platform.
4. Crypto exchange Kraken will lay off 30% of its employees. The company cited a significant decrease in trading volumes and a decrease in the number of new customers due to the influence of macroeconomic and geopolitical factors as the reason for the staff reduction.
5. Web 3 Content Delivery Network Fleek Raises $25M. Crypto-focused venture capital firm Polychain Capital led the round.
6. Telegram CEO Pavel Durov Plans to Build Crypto Wallets, Decentralized Exchange. The messaging app is pushing ahead with its buildout of crypto infrastructure.
7. Well-known throughout the blockchain as a provider of secure hardware wallets, Ledger unveiled new initiatives. These include a corporate NFT art collection and an NFT art endowment fund. Through these projects, the company says it hopes to better support creators and become a more robust steward of burgeoning blockchain technology.