Jack Dorsey, Gridless, Metaverse Fashion Week, Decentraland, Gate.io, Coca-Cola, FIFA World Cup, Goldman Sachs, Circle, SPAC Concord, Abu Dhabi, teamLab.
- Jack Dorsey and partners invested $2 million in mining in Africa. The funds raised by data center operator Gridless will be used to develop sites for mining cryptocurrencies using renewable energy in rural areas.
- Metaverse Fashion Week (MVFW) is set to make its return, the event’s organiser and host platform Decentraland has said. The metaverse-based fashion event will be held from March 28 to 31, 2023, as a virtual conclusion to the spring/summer fashion season.
- Gate.io has allocated $100 million to support liquidity in the crypto market. The crypto exchange initiative has no time limit and will apply to all participants in the Web3 industry.
- Coca-Cola will release an NFT collection in honor of the 2022 FIFA World Cup. 10,000 digital tokens from the Piece of Magic series will be created based on the heat maps of the tournament matches.
- Reuters learned about Goldman Sachs’ plans to buy up cheap crypto companies. One of the world’s largest investment banks is planning to spend tens of millions of dollars to buy or invest in crypto platforms after the collapse of the FTX exchange lowered prices in the industry.
- Circle has announced that it is halting its merger with SPAC Concord. Despite the abandonment of the merger, which was planned from 2021, the USDC stablecoin issuer still intends to become a public company.
- Abu Dhabi unveils plans to open multi-sensory immersive art space by teamLab. The construction of the building is set to be completed in 2024.